24 January 2015

Winter Edit: Lush Finds

The past handful of months have been amazing.  I've been mulling over where to begin with my 2015 posts and found my push after reading my horoscope a la Refinery 29.

***

Flight after flight, coupled with shifts in elevation began taking a toll on my skin. Between hoofing my way up the uneven steps of The Great Wall, going deep underground at the DMZ, being humbled by Mt. Fuji, eating my way through Charleston, family time in Pittsburgh and falling down Killington Mountain (I'm still determined to swap my ski roots for snowboarding), I needed to ramp up my Winter glow strategy.

It's been ages since I last slipped into a Lush Cosmetics shop. I tend to avoid going above 14th St and actively detour from the Herald Square Zoo. I've had a lingering desire to set aside my city routine to check out a few nourishing products featured by a favorite vlogger and took the plunge. Among the haul I surfaced with, two products have become fast favorites:

Popcorn Lip Scrub ($10/0.8oz)
Post shower and pre-balm  application,  I've been using this sweet and salty scrub with a few drops of water and a cotton pad to gently exfoliate chapped lips. My product began to dry out a bit, but was easily brought back to life with a few drops of coconut oil mixed in.

Rose Jam Shower Gel ($30/8.4oz)
Rose garden, lemon leaves and vanilla come together in an unlikely cocktail laced with Argan oil. I honestly couldn't have pulled together those elements without reading the bottle. It's a heavenly balance of tart, sweet and slightly spicy notes. The scent lingers in the bathroom for hours and leaves your skin supple. Unfortunately, Rose Jam is a Limited Edition product. I'm cautiously optimistic is will be on shelves again in the future. It's the perfect pre-curser to Ro's Argan Conditioner.


No comments: